Thursday, December 16, 2004

Onward and Upward

So in grade 12, I sold all of my CDs - more than 200 of them, although I'm sure I've got an exact count somewhere. That is definitely another story for another day - the darkest day in my high school career. But I've decided, 4 years later, that it's time to start building up my collection again. I almost feel as though I spent 10 years writing an essay, only to have the computer freeze, and me have to start all over again. I've mourned. I've resisted the pain of buying new cds (it's like replacing a child that died!), but I think it's time to rebuild and move on. So - here's my first conquests. Hopefully I'll come back and edit this list as I buy them ... most (I'd say 80%) are replacements, and the rest are newly acquired, and welcome additions :)

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness / Smashing Pumpkins
Siamese Dream / Smashing Pumpkins
Revolver / The Beatles
White Album / The Beatles
Live at the BBC / The Beatles
Sailor / Steve Miller Band
Born in the U.S.A. / Bruce Springsteen
Achtung Baby / U2
Best of 1990-2000 / U2
The Joshua Tree / U2
What’s the Story (Morning Glory)? / Oasis
Definitely Maybe / Oasis
Greatest Hits / Electric Light Orchestra
Chutes too Narrow / The Shins
Throwing Copper / Live
Gimme Five / Killjoys
Good News for People Who Love Bad News / Modest Mouse
Urban Hymns / The Verve
Soup / Blind Melon
Foo Fighters / Foo Fighters
The Colour and the Shape / Foo Fighters
Runaway Train / Soul Asylum
Little Earthquakes / Tori Amos
Live on Two Legs / Pearl Jam
No Code / Pearl Jam
Parklife / Blur
I Should Coco / Supergrass
White Pony / Deftones
Evol / Sonic Youth
Goo / Sonic Youth
In the Aeroplane over the Sea / Neutral Milk Honey
Let it Bleed / Rolling Stones
Shake Your Money Maker / The Black Crowes
Wildflowers / Tom Petty
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits / Tom Petty
Synchronicity / The Police
Arthur (or the decline and fall of the British empire) / The Kinks
Blood on the Tracks / Bob Dylan
Birth of the Cool / Miles Davis
The Major Works of John Coltrane / John Coltrane
Songs for Distingue Lovers / Billie Holiday

No comments: