Thursday, December 16, 2004

Guess I'll go eat worms

This morning, I awoke to find not one, but two toy poodles trying to lick my face. My mom's friend had dropped off her seven-pounds-of-wonderful named Toby while she went grocery shopping, and both dogs decided to greet me by hosting a ceremonial romp on my bed. At one point, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep, and so I attempted to open my eyes and greet the little fellow. Eyes open, I prop myself up on my elbows, and it hit me like a bus.

I'm feeling really sick.

The worst part is that I don't feel "under-the-weather" sick, but "shoot-me-it's-a-sinus-infection" sick. I blame Steve. I blame God. I blame all of the people in airports who don't have the decency to wash their hands. Not only is my trip down to San Francisco now in immediate jeopardy (you can't fly with a sinus infection), but my chance at a relaxing and enjoyable week is too. My mom is taking me to the walk-in clinic for some antibiotics, and for once, I'm not going to make any comments about my hatred for medication - I need this stuff. I have my "Johnson kids portrait" this afternoon, and since I feel like a trainwreck, I wouldn't be surprised if I looked like one too.

Only this time, it wasn't a boy who trainwrecked me ;)

No comments: