Saturday, January 15, 2005

The Weekend's Best

I was going to write a rant about my Walkhome shift last night, recounting my series of re-routes in sub -15C weather, leading to a near-breakdown in the intersection of William and King, enroute to Bubba's at 2:45 am ... but after a late sleep, a good phone conversation, and an afternoon of football and pizza with some of my favorite people; well, it seems almost unnecessary.

It's an epic weekend by anyone's standards (well, at least by mine -- and this blog belongs to me, which makes it a universally good weekend. Go complain in your own blog). At *least* two people that I know are basking in visits (I hesitate to call them booty-calls) from long-distance loves (myself not being one of them *this* time), there are 12 hours of top notch football to be watched, and I have brunch/dinner/movie/coffee dates with some of my closest friends.

And, and, things are working out for me. My world is coming up roses, and I'm content to go along for the ride. The next weeks are shaping up to contain a number of epic football get-togethers, one trip to Toronto (which nets me both a grad school interview and the chance to see Steve), a marriage in the family (again, this is a bit off-putting, but nonetheless), Charity Ball (more on this later), BEWIC Sports weekend, a Walkhome trip to see Coach Carter, and a trip to Scotland that can't be thought of as anything short of life-altering.

Charity Ball. I need a date (you know who you are, you frequent reader whose house I'm writing this from). Pending Adam Say's forthcoming rejection, and Steve's lack of here-ness ... Alana -- let's get dressed up in our finest and dance the night away ... what do you say?

Well - a walkhome shift is waiting for me. This feels as though it could be tossed in the "most useless blogs" category, but I gave it my best shot.

No comments: