Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Question #152

From Gregory Stocks "The Book of Questions"

What do you value most in a relationship?

I love this question, because I don't have a perfect answer for it. I'm tempted to say that I value honesty over anything else, and with that I guess goes trust. It's one of the most unbeatable feelings to know, to really believe, that you can trust somebody. It doesn't happen often, does it? So yeah, I really value the emotional intimacy that you can have with the right person. Ummm ... being playful, making each other feel happy. I value the friendship that's behind the relationship. Am I talking about the right things? I feel like I'm not getting at what I really want to be saying.

I don't have the right words tonight. I give up. I just wanted to point out, while on the topic of relationships, that I think a HUGE step for two people would be to sign cards "Love X and Y" (as in, love from, "us"). The word "us" isn't given nearly enough recognition - that's a big word. I have never taken that step, and imagine that I wouldn't until I was engaged to someone ... officially became an 'us'.

I would write more tonight, I really would, but (as usual) it's after midnight and I still have work to plow through before climbing into bed (and if you asked me right now if I spent the last 1/2 hour rearranging my closet, I would hang my head and say "yes"). I digress. I have a to-do list that is making me anxious, and at least an hour left in me before I won't be able to function anymore (half of which, I'm sure, will be spent on msn with friends, so I better get to it!)

No comments: