Wednesday, January 12, 2005

On love

"Do you think that your first love is the greatest love you will ever have?" Steph asked me while walking home tonight. I didn't really have an answer. I told her that I think love gets better every time you experience it, 'cause you gain the capacity and maturity to feel and understand it. "Is it possible to fall in love with someone who you initially are not attracted to?" she asked. I thought it was - that you could love someone for a long time, and not realize it. I always used to hope that people loved me, but just hadn't realized it yet.

At one point in the conversation, A-Say said something somewhat profound. He interjected with his philosophy (and forgive me in advance for butchering it); that you know you're in love, when what you're feeling is more than what you previously thought love was.

I just thought that was so easy, made so much sense, and was worth recording in my little corner of the universe here.

No comments: