Monday, January 31, 2005

We had the chance and threw it away/and it's never gonna be the same

In music news: I neglected the official Ben Folds weblog for 10 (10!) days and happened by today for what promised to be night-altering (and perhaps week-altering) news; news so big that it warrented a second blog posting in a single night.

  1. The new Ben Folds single Landed hits radios on Tuesday, and after listening to it four times, I confidently predict an overplayed sleeper in the vein of Train's Drops of Jupiter.
  2. The new Ben Folds album "Songs for Silverman" is in stores April 26th
  3. Whatever And Ever Amen is being remastered, with 7 b-side bonus tracks added to it's already-glorious track list, and will be in my hands (or on its way from amazon.ca) on March 22nd

As if that wasn't enough (and really, I had to go make myself a sandwich after news like that), I did a quick check on the tour page to see if they'd posted their 2005 dates, and I found out that my favorite f***ing member of one of my top 3 bands of all f***ing time was in Syracuse, NY -- LAST NIGHT.

I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. I may be a bit dramatic - true. But I let the chance to see a live Ben Folds show slip through my fingers.

Also on my mind, now that you've got me started:

- Keane is an awesome, awesome band. They also happen to be playing a show in two weeks in Toronto.
- I need to start listening to more Snow Patrol. I'd rather create the bandwagon than jump on once MTV picks them up. These guys have tons of potential and generally make me press the 'repeat' button on my busted (new) discman
- tickets for the U2 concert are on sale, like, now. How much is too much to see your favorite band of all time play live at Madison Square Gardens? Answer: a lot.

I was looking at some websites tonight and came across an article of clothing called "smittens". Like mittens, but for people who are in love. One mitt for each outside hand, and one big, lumpy looking 'mitt' in the middle so that you can hold hands without your fingers getting cold. Hasn't anyone heard of gloves?

Finally (yes, I'm going back to my essay) check out this site: http://www.nataliedee.com/store.php
Click on the list that lets you read about the Valentines. It's the only thing today that has actually made me laugh out loud. With all of the V-Day fluff, romance and love - this is a breath of fresh air, don't you think?

I'm Bri Johnson, It's 3:27 am, your weather is a balmy -13 degrees and I promise not to write anymore in here until I get some sleep.

1 comment:

SunGrooveTheory said...

Hee HEee !! I love your link, thank you.