Saturday, January 29, 2005

Charity Ball (Pre-Game Show)

There is something magical about dinners, dances and formal attire that I don't think I'll ever grow out of. Tonight I'm going to Charity Ball with Steve and company, and I'm grinning from ear to ear in anticipation. Lest we forget that the last two times I really, really got dressed up were the ArtSci Formals (version 2003 and 2004) where I spent the evenings picking up empty cups, hauling garbage bags out to the dumpsters and making sure that drunk grads got their size medium black Gap peacoats back at the end of the night when they lost their coat check tickets.

What I'm saying, in effect, is that this is promising to be a very special evening for me - especially since I'm sharing it with someone who is promising to be a very special person to me.

My hopes for tonight: smooth legs, stolen glances, hand holding, pictures in geeky poses, laughing, spinning, slow dancing (even to fast songs?), long looks, smart conversation, good food and good company, and a post-party date with my boyfriend that could keep both of us up talking and sharing secrets until it's officially Sunday morning.

Are my expectations too high? Surely. But somehow I feel as though I can't possibly be disappointed - there is nothing that can make tonight anything less than magical. I have my red dress, my nail polish, my black heels, my take-your-breath-away date ... I'm ready for an amazing evening.

No comments: