Thursday, January 06, 2005

Paradise by the dashboard lights

I forgot how cold calgary is. I also forgot how much I love it here, if that makes any sense. The snow is dumping from the sky, flights are being cancelled left, right and center, and I'm sitting in Adam's room, wondering if I'll ever make it to toronto tomorrow morning.

Things I've Learned on my Trip to Calgary:

  • there is no major street corner in this city where I don't have some amazing, odd or interesting memory
  • adam is really sick of me saying things like, "do you remember when..." and, "that's where you threw up on the side of the road in grade 9" and "I can't believe how old we are!"
  • there are some people in your life who will always make you feel good about yourselves
  • salt and pepper wings are better when you're paying 10 cents each for them AND getting a 10% student discount (9 cents each?)
  • Any Given Sunday is the best movie I should have seen three years ago, and the only movie that has effectively halted my dream of playing in the NFL (it's brutal)
  • you can get buzzed off of one shot of tequila
  • you can drink all night and not feel a thing
  • just because they're part of your past, doesn't mean they have to be part of your future
  • there's no limit to the amount of damage and embarassment due to clumsiness I can cause myself and others, given the opportunity
  • cowboy hats ARE sexy
  • flames jerseys are also sexy
  • eating lunch with your best friend and his girlfriend, while they fondle each other in the booth is NOT sexy
  • there is no better way to spend an afternoon than with a bowlfull of chestnuts, three good movies, a pair of sweat pants and a best friend
  • sometimes, the closer you get to seeing someone (like, for instance, I get to see Steve TOMORROW), the more you miss them

No comments: