Sunday, January 02, 2005

I remember when you could see a movie for $3.50!

I went to see The Incredibles with my mom tonight, which was cute, but mundane at the same time. I'm not cut out for kids movies - not enough kissing. I wish we saw Closer - I tried to convince her, but Cindee is nothing if not stubborn.

I went up to the concession counter 1/2 way through the movie, and ordered a small popcorn, which I was told was going to cost $5.50. FIVE DOLLARS AND FIFTY FREAKING CENTS. I don't get it. I asked the girl, "are you serious? There's nothing cheaper?" and after confirming that I was in fact ordering the cheapest food item on the menu, I walked away. I didn't need it that badly. I usually clean up all my garbage after a movie, but this time I left my Glosette box in the cup holder, just to spite them. Karma's going to get me back for that one big time.

Bring. It. On.

No comments: