Thursday, November 04, 2004

She Stopped for Coffee on her way to Starbucks

It was a pitiful day today, since I spent most of it in bed, ignoring my alarm clock or stelthfully hitting the snooze button before it became loud enough to actually wake me up. On my to do list before I go to bed in a few minutes (which contains things such as 'brush teeth' and 'take off bra') I need to move my alarm to another place in my room that would actually require me to get out of bed in order to turn it off. If I'm going to concede to being a night owl (god, I've tried so hard to be good) I will at least have to go through a daily routine like everyone else on this planet. My housemates are definitly NOT night owls, which I am not used to - I've lived with afterhours people for a few years, and find it strange to come home from the library at midnight, and not have anyone to eat cookies with, or even to bounce my crazy ideas off of. But there are a lot of things that I appreciate about the people that I'm with this year - privacy ... cleanliness... normalcy. To some extent I feel as though I am living in my res again - we hang out in the common room, but retreat to our spaces and shut our doors. I've tried to keep my door open to seem as inviting as possible, but they rarely take the bait.

This will have to be a short one. I could talk for hours but am already concerned about the difference between public and private knowledge, and will have to find a balance between what I need to get out, and what is acceptable to be floating around the net. I really can't sleep in tomorrow - it's my self proclaimed "catch up on life" day, and I am still floating on 10 feet of clouds from my trip to TO and the awesome concert I saw. Back to reality Bri.

No comments: