Friday, November 12, 2004

Sadly speaking - there was no B.Jones moment tonight

It was housemate date night, and I worked really hard to get my essay done at some point today so that I could fully appreciate it (although I may be zoning in and out of conscienceness as I type). So we all piled into Court's volvo and made like a tree to the movie theatre, only to find that hoards of 14-year-old tweenies who probably still played with Barbies when the first BJ came out had taken all of the tickets. All of them! I have never felt so old in my life, standing in a sea of abercrombie skirts and language littered with pre-teen slang; "I am like, so, like excited!". A couple of girls were even wearing their pajamas, which I thought was really cute. But I was bitter, because I wanted to see Bridget Jones too, and I had to find some sort of way to vent my dissipointment into a useful form of slander. So I cut down the 14 year olds (easily forgetting that I was 14 once too, seeing movies at Eau Claire market and praying that I could sit next to my crush so that our elbows could touch for two hours). So we saw Alfie instead, which ended up being an odd choice - the movie was literally about nothing. Thank GOD for Jude Law - if I didn't have the eye candy, I may have fallen asleep after the previews.

I'm exhausted today, and when I'm exhausted, I have a really hard time focusing my eyes - they want to roll into the back of my head, and I feel like I'm fighting them to stay coherent. I had a meeting with J.E. today about hiring his committee, and I felt like I might have been listening and understanding what he was talking about, and I might have been taking a nap with my eyes open. The all nighter is completly ... it just sucks the life out of you. The cruel joke (the punchline, if you will) is that I'm scheduled to work at W.home tonight from 11-3 ... I can just see myself napping on the street corner while my partner gently prods me with the radio antennae, letting me know we're ready to go. It's getting cold outside, which was a good excuse to get proper winter wear (hat, scarf) and be hit on by the 'not-my-type-at-all' manager of Roots. I've got 'em around my finger, I tell ya.

Okay, so - I'm going to Ottawa tomorrow for a bit of an anniversary celebration, and I guess I should get packing, or whatever. I feel a bit haphazard.. my room isn't tidy, my laundry isn't done, I have no groceries, ALL I want to do is sleep .. but I'm sure I can pull something amazing together in honour of our 3rd year (3 years!) together, and have myself a hell of a time.

No comments: