Monday, November 29, 2004

The Kiss (revised)

I've had a good day, but all that I've wanted to do is climb into bed and take a 5 hour nap. I feel like it's frosh week all over again. I woke up this morning after really only falling asleep at 6am last night, caught a flight out of Toronto at noon, had a rehearsal with Kat and Drew at 3, which took me until 7. Soccer game at twenty to 9, and then home at 10 to talk with S for 4 hours on msn. Well, that was a mistake *grin*. But it really wasn't right? I'm just more exhausted for it.

I'm going to get into whatever detail about my weekend I find interesting, but I'm going to do it in a later blog. I just don't even have the mental capacity to fathom what happened to me, and I'm not going to pretend as though I could do the experience justice while in such an exhausted state. I am going to do this: a revision to the first case. I feel as though it's necessary. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, scroll down and read 'an ode to the kiss', and THEN read this. That's crutial - it's a permutation, not a combination (did I actually just say that? Someone should have stopped me from saying that).

The Kiss
You're sitting on his living room floor at midnight, eating a peach yogurt and warming your toes by the electric fire. You're wearing sweats, and he's upstairs putting HIS sweats on, because you insisted on not being overdressed (and the sight of a good looking guy in a hoodie is enough to make you pass out). He comes back down, stunning in sweats, and refuses to sit next to you on the floor with his yogurt, despite the romantic atmosphere that a fire creates. He instead sits on the couch, and invites him to sit next to you. You are angry and intrigued at the same time. You move to the couch, and the first thing he does is put his arm around you tightly, forgetting the snack that brought you there in the first place. You lean into him, realizing that your entire body is tingling. You can feel his breath on your cheek, and you understand that this could be it - this could be the moment. He pulls you back further to cuddle, and you laugh as you try to get comfortable on the couch that wasn't meant for two people in this way. You're leaning against his chest, sitting inbetween his legs. And suddenly, and softly, you feel him kiss the side of your face. Like an infant responding to the rooting reflex, you turn your head and let him kiss you on the side of your lips. One more, and he is gently pressing is tongue against your teeth. This is the best moment, one which I would describe as the first 'let go'. All of a sudden, these two people can't possible kiss eachother fast enough, deep enough. This is, really, the new perfect first kiss.

Oh boy - I'm exhausted :) More tomorrow!


No comments: