Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Under the Drill, Part III

I find myself sensitive to the smell of burning tonight. Because today, when I was getting 2 more of my teeth worked on at the dentist, the smell of the high speed drill chipping away around my nerve smelled like my mouth was on fire. I was midly concerned, but mostly uncomfortable. Tonight when I was making soup, a piece of kraft dinner that had fallen under the element started to smoke, and the smell had me running to the bathroom wanting to throw up.

Most of all, I'm ready for my dental work to be over. I have one more appointment, 2 more needles, and I'll be done, for the time being. My dentist keeps telling me that a lot of the teeth may need root canals in the next few months, but I just want to focus on finishing with all the restoration work now, and getting a break so that I don't hurt any more.

There. I'll step off of my soap box and stop whining. It's just not FUN, y'know? Hopefully there are brighter, more fun days in the future for me :)

No comments: