Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Bri Refresher

THIRTEEN Random Things I like:
Orangutans
All-Day Breakfast
Hoodies
Ikea
Napping
Roadtrips
The Beach
Knitting
Lots and Lots of Journals
Dogs
Going to Hockey Games
Making Out
Hand-written Letters

TWELVE Movies That All My Friends Should Watch At Least Twice:
Shakespeare in Love
Forrest Gump
Moulin Rouge
Bridges of Madison County
Big
Turner and Hooch
Bend it Like Beckham
When Harry Met Sally
Big Fish
Garden State
Edward Scissorhands
Benny and Joon

ELEVEN Random Thoughts:
"Just one more cookie"
"How do you know if someone is the one?"
"I should be at the gym"
"I don't know if I'll be a good teacher"
"There has to be a better way of organizing my blue dresser"
"Do I NEED this, or do I just want it?"
"I miss you"
"Orange is not my colour"
"I wish that I could know more about you - I think we could be friends"
"Is it possible to be close to my dad, after everything we've been through?"
"I wish we had a different couch"

TEN Random Things about Me:
If my dad won the fight, my name would have been Freya
I remember my dreams vividly
Ever since I was little, I knew I wanted to have a big family
It's really important to me for other people to like me
My left eye is smaller than my right eye. It’s especially noticeable when I smile
All of my grandparents are still alive
I've never shoplifted, been to a funeral or smoked a cigarette
I have climbed a mountain, walked across the golden gate bridge and saved a life
I tan easily in the summer
I have lived in 6 cities in Canada (Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Mississauga, Toronto, Kingston)

NINE Ways to Win My Heart:
Write me letters
Take me to Ikea and kiss me in the pretend apartments
Stand up for me if my integrity is ever in question
Teach me about things that you are passionate about and be interested in the things that *I* am passionate about
Love my family as much as I do
Be willing to try new things with me, from rock climbing to poetry reading
Take me on a random road trip ("pack your bag, I'll be there in an hour!")
Surprise me with flowers
Help to create traditions that are only "ours"

EIGHT Things I Want to Do before I Die:
Own a bed and breakfast
Learn how to snowboard
Travel to Borneo
Marry my soulmate and raise a family
Teach in a university
Act on stage
Be able to afford my own home
Adopt dogs

SEVEN Ways to Annoy Me:
Act ungrateful for something that you are priviledged to have
Smoke around me
Make an insensitive comment about my family
Snoop through my things / read my journal
Talk on your cell phone in a restaurant
Be drunk
Not wash dishes properly :)

SIX Things I Believe in:
The only way to achieve something is to work hard and work harder
In every situation, you can always choose how you react
People are more alike than they are different
Every human being has the desire and the right to be loved
The institution of marriage
Everyone has a story to tell

FIVE Things I am Afraid of:
Not achieving my potential
snakes
divorce
not living my life in the moment
being average


FOUR of My Favourite Items in My Room:

My stuffed monkey "Fatter Guts"
My journals
The picture of Steve and I from Charity Ball
My poster of Vancouver

THREE Things I Do Everyday:
Write a letter or email to someone I care about
Write in my journal
Check my favorite websites and friend's blogs

TWO Things I Want to Do Right Now:
Go out with friends instead of sticking around the house
Get all of my dental restorations over with so that I can eat regular food again

ONE Person I Want to See Right Now:

Steve, who is in England. My sisters in Calgary (I know, I cheated)

Thanks to Steph for the format and inspiration. Let me know if you do one of your own

2 comments:

gulldogg said...

ONE OF THE NINE WAYS TO WIN YOUR HEART: "Teach me about things that you are passionate about and be interested in the things that *I* am passionate about" -- you have just proven that Steve is the perfect man for you.

ONE OF THE SEVEN WAYS TO ANNOY YOU: "Be drunk" -- you have just proven that I am NOT the perfect man for you.

Love you Bri, love you Steve...see you clowns in the summer :)

Tgus said...

I'll teach you how to snowboard.