Tuesday, March 01, 2005

they call me mellow yellow

A series of proudly productive days motivated me to pull out my tax file this afternoon and set myself to work filing not one, but two tax returns. Two and a half hours later, surrounded in small bits of paper and various receipts, forms and schedules, I'm happy to announce that the government of Canada owes me 276.52 in income tax refunds, 214.00 in retroactive GST rebates and a forthcoming 356.00 in the same.

"That's a lot of money", I'm thinking to myself. Almost enough to justify the future purchase of an ipod shuffe (the modest cousin of the all-mighty ipod senior). OR - enough to justify the fact that I am seeing Phantom of the Opera, Rent and Wicked in the next 6 weeks and yet don't have enough money in my bank account right now to purchase a loaf of bread. OR - enough to justify a new spring shirt from the Gap ... the possibilities are endless, really.

A better update is on its way, I'm sure. I've been lacking the motivation to sit down and really WRITE, maybe because I spend so much time talking with Steve about the biggest things on my mind. I'm rocking out to Roony's "I'm Shaking" right now (it's on repeat ... over and over and over again) and just wanted to send out an official "thanks" to the Canada Custom's and Revenue Agency; officially the generous sponsors of my insatiabe apetite for balcony seats to broadway shows and mp3 players smaller than a pack of gum.

No comments: