Wednesday, March 16, 2005

bright lights, big city

Time:circa 1:20 pm, yesterday afternooon

Activity: spread out on my bed in the sun, enjoying an early afternoon nap

Inturruption: Steve on his cell phone, exile from class and calling from the bathroom somewhere on the university of Toronto campus. As I languidly plan a day that involves sleeping, wearing my pajamas until dinner and doing my laundry, he suggest that I come and visit him for the night.

Let's make a quick list:
Cons:
- 61.00 bus ticket
- essay due on Thursday morning
- soccer game at 9:40pm
- I would be skipping class
- laundry really, really needs to get done
- it would involve a lot of energy, of which I had little

Pros:
- the potential of being in Steve's commanding hug outside of the bus terminal in less than 5 hours

So I went to Toronto. And now, less than 24 hours (and a lot of lovin') later, I'm trying to sink myself back into some sort of schedule. School? Essays? Meetings? Teaching? All I know is that I feel soemthing right now that can only described as pretty freaking fantastic. I had a good meal, a couple of burning-hot games of crib, a late night and the confirmation of knowing that I am, in fact, dating the most amazing man to ever grace university avenue.

So the essays, the laundry and the general productiveness might have to wait -- in the words of Ella, "I've got my man, who could ask for anything more?"

No comments: