Monday, March 07, 2005

somehow, I knew you'd feel the same

Sometimes there are songs that seem to define a particular stage of my life and therefore become forever entwined to it. Like "Forever Young" reminds me of graduating high school, so does a new song take over my current mental soundtrack. Right now, with everything going through a quiet revolution, it's Ben Folds Five's "Still Fighting It" -- not my favorite BFF song (which would be .. oh wow, Fred Jones Part 2, or maybe One Angry Dwarf?). But it came on tonight and my heart sank into a comfortable little recess in my chest. It's a good feeling to hear a song put it better than you ever could. For that, I can offer my thanks.


Everybody knows
It hurts to grow up
And everybody does
It's so weird to be back here.
Let me tell you what
The years go on and
We're still fighting it, we're still fighting it

No comments: