Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring Fever

Could I BE any happier?
(Said, like Joey in friends, "Could I BE wearing any more clothes?")

One good thing happens, and all of a sudden my life starts to snowball in the right direction. My bills are paid. I got into teacher's college. I've been getting stellar interviews for summer jobs. My capri pants from last summer still fit. My new sandals don't give me blisters. I'm making fantastic friends at work and going out with them on a regular basis. My boyfriend and I are completely thrilled with each other. The streetcar always comes exactly when I need it to. My new hair cut and colour (see below)

are actually working out terrifically. My laundry is done (could I express to you how amazing it feels to have 20 pairs of socks to choose from? 30 clean and folded pairs of underwear?). I haven't lost ANYTHING in at least a month (knock wood). I don't know what I did to finally deserve some good karma, but I find that spring has brought with it so many welcome changes and exciting things.


I'm looking forward - right now, mostly to the summer. Here's a list of things that I want to do this summer; honestly, I can't wait. Steve and I may even be making our first trip of the year to the zoo to see the monkeys next week. Appearentely they're frisky in April!

THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO GO, SIGHTS TO SEE THIS SUMMER:

1.Kensington Market

I've never really taken the time to browse the market, and am really looking forward to going this summer on a regular basis

2.Canada's Wonderland

Put a roller coaster freak in roller coaster central, Canada ... and you have a very good day my friend. Steve and I are DEFINITELY going before school gets out - otherwise the lineups make it not worthwhile.

3.Niagra Falls

I just feel that as an Ontario-ite (Ontarian?) I should see this Canadian landmark sometime before I'm 30 and too old and jaded to care

4.Ontario Badlands

I went here quite a few times with Marcus and his family, and had SO much fun. These little mounds are bigger than people! It's the coolest place to play hide and seek.

5.Toronto Zoo

Monkeys and Lions and Hippos! (Oh my!)

6.Stratford Festival

I'm a drama major ... and I've never been. I know, I can hardly believe it myself. I want to see "Oliver", "South Pacific" and "Much Ado About Nothing" ... I'll probably have to hit them all in one weekend, but I'm not complaining!

7.Lunch and a Swim

Wanna know something cool? If you buy lunch at the Holiday in on King Street, you can swim in their rooftop pool for free afterwords. It's an awesome program and right across the street from my job. Guess where all the hostesses are going to be spending saturday afternoons before work?

8. Kayaking Toronto Islands

One of my favorite memories was of kayaking in Deep Cove, BC - hopefully I can find the same sort of experience in urban Ontario.

9.Toronto Climbing Gym

I was a 'rockhead' in junior high and high school - we had a local rock climbing gym and I was always in when I had time, working out on the walls. I can't wait to get back into it - and drag Steve with me as a belaying partner!

I'm sure there are more adventures all over the place in Toronto, and my goal for the summer, without going completely broke, is to try as many of them as I can. Any suggestions? Did I miss something awesome? Let me know!

-B

No comments: