Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Queen's Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam

Today, in my opinion, was D-Day: letters of admission and rejection were sent out from ontario universities for their B.Ed programs, and I was one of the 14,000 people awaiting a big fat package signalling my success. Instead, when I ran around the front of the house to the mailbox, all that was waiting for me was a single, solitary, small envelope from the Faculty of Education at Queen's.

Dear Miss Johnson,
I am writing in connection with your application for admission to the Faculty of Education at Queen's University to inform you, with regret, that it is not possible to offer you a place at the present time... blah, blah, blah, blah.


Hmmm. I'm not even sure if Queen's would have been my first choice, but it would have been nice to know that my Alma Mater (where I graduated with f'ing honours) had a place for me in their hearts and their programs should I ever choose to return. It's the sort of thing that I can't pretend to understand, so I'm not going to think about it. Focus now shifts to the University of Toronto - essentially my last hope. If I don't get in there, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with my life, but I certainly won't be happy about it.

The s*** hits the fan tomorrow morning at 8:30, when U of T posts their results online. Stay tuned, and please - keep your fingers and toes crossed for me. For the first time, I'm a little bit scared.

2 comments:

Tgus said...

Breezy -
I'm so sorry that you got the thin enveloppe, but I must say Queen's has to be sick in the head to deny entry to a winner like you, it just doesn't make sense in my head. I could lapse into cliches (most of which can be used for school or boyfriend issues..."Its their loss, not yours", "They don't deserve you", "Maybe you should burn down their house/The JDUC") but I'll restain myself this once.

The point is, U of T would be equal idiots to not bestow upon you the fat enveloppe. However, in my personal position on the bottom of the planet I must say that anything that makes your decision to come visit me here any easier will be met with subtle smiles from me. I *want* you to get into teachers college, but if you had an extended trip to Australia to fall back on let's just say I wouldn't cry.

Good luck darling, may you get exactly what you want in the mail tomorrow morning :)

Love Talia x

PS. Tell your ball and chain he can come too, if he wants.

gulldogg said...

Ummm...okay. They must have gotten the wrong Bri Johnson.