Friday, October 13, 2006

5 Ways to Make me Angry

Sorry for the recent lack of posts. I have no excuse, other than that my life is busy and after getting everything done that needs to get done, I usually go to sleep. That's pretty common for me.

Me not posting very often might make you angry, especially if you're my boyfriend. I thought I'd share some of my pet peeves with you, just in case you were worried about making me really mad. They're pretty standard. I don't think I'm unique in any of these. Sometimes I think up these FANTASTIC pet peeves, but then I forget them before I write them down. I guess they couldn't be so awful if I can't even remember them

How to Make Me Angry:
1. point out that I have a pimple, if I have a pimple. I probably know that I have a pimple. My complexion usually isn't a problem. When something does pop up, I don't need your input.
2. Say something ignorant about teachers. Go ahead, I dare you. Better yet, ask me what I'm doing wasting my life as an educator. I'll kill you.
3. Talk about your cat at length.
4. Flirt with my boyfriend. Yes, he's cute. Yes, he's charming. Yes, we're very happy together.
5. Write something on my notes or on my papers while we're in class. I'm really anal about my paper and if you write on it with some crazy coloured ink, I'm probably going to start fretting and feel the need to rewrite everything. I'm definitely the crazy one, but it still bugs me.
6. Throw a pop can in the garbage when the recycling box is RIGHT NEXT TO YOU
7. Pretend to be really smart and only able to talk about totally intellectual things. It's fantastic to be smart - I have a lot of respect for that. It's a bit weird if you constantly have to prove it. You can be smart and eat chicken wings and talk about 'Lost'. Seriously.
8. Tell me that you're in 'pre-med' ... there is no such thing in Canada.
9. Have 26 items in the 1-8 item line at the grocery store
10. Offer me some Brie cheese. Come on, just humor me. I get it, it's funny.

WOW

I sound like a huge bitch. I didn't even have a bad day, and here I am taking my problems out on you. I don't know where this is coming from. I'm clearly masking my horrid inner person with a sweet exterior that I can no longer fake. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have something nice to say.

Wanna know something? In 6 days, I'm going to write the name "Miss Johnson" on a chalkboard, and turn around and face a class of high school students for the first time. Isn't that wild? My practicum is starting and part of me is terrified, while the other part can't wait to start figuring out what kind of teacher I really am. I'm confident - more confident than people might think. I'm not worried about being walked on or disrespected. I respect myself - 14 year old kids can't take that away from me. I love what I'm doing and if I stay true to that, I'm going to be okay. I'm scared in a good way - like you might be scared before you get married. You know you're starting a big journey and it's probably going to be amazing, but it's hard to stand up in front of everyone and say "I do". On tuesday, my career 'begins'. Tonight - I sleep.

2 comments:

gulldogg said...

You have a pimple. ;)

It's strange that your post promises "5 Ways" that will make you angry, and then you give us 5 more bonus ones. Free of charge!! (and I'm writing this in different coloured ink as we speak).

Aaaand, I will flirt with Steve whenever I damn well feel like it, thank you very much! :P

Liver-Paul said...

Steve? Charming? Do you have another boyfriend that we don't know about?