Sunday, April 24, 2005

wide open spaces

I just realized something today. I am *so* excited to be moving out of my house. As Emily-ex-housemate and I were sitting upstairs in Lonestar, attending staff training this morning, I remembered how much I liked being around her. We make each other laugh, we share secrets, we know the kinds of things about each other that would be impossible to know unless you lived with someone, we have SO many crazy and stupid memories. In short, this year sucked. I live with people who were anal, whiney, accusatory and entirely self-absorbed. People who I have never seen laugh, or be silly, or try to get to know me in the slightest. Does this bother me? Sort of. But I always remembered that they were people who I was simply sharing 4 walls with -- not necessarily friends. So I didn't let myself be hurt by their behaviour: mostly, I was puzzled and put off. I learned that there are certain kinds of people that I want to surround myself with in my life, and certain kinds of people that I simply can't be bothered with. And if you're boring, spoiled, bitter and catty, well, you fall into the latter category.

So I'm packing up my boxes and looking forward, sometimes with uncertainity but always with excitement. I know, I just know, that I have a lot to offer the world and a fantastic journey ahead of me. As soon as I clean the last baseboard, wash behind the stove, and haul the last bag of garbage down to Mac Corry, I'll be able to take them off of my msn list and say goodbye to sharing walls with toxic people - at least for a while.

No comments: