Thursday, April 14, 2005

Perfect Proposal

I was watching TLC while taking a dinner break from studying, and Katie and I caught the end of one of their perfect proposal shows, where the male plans some elaborate and (hopefully) romantic scheme to create the fairytale proposal for the woman of his dreams, most of which turn out to be so over-dramatic and downright strange that they lose their intended effect.

Just for posterity, I wanted to make note of the fact that someone just asked their girlfriend to marry them using the following line:

"Sweetheart, I know how much you like puppy dogs. Take that and multiply it by forever, and that's how much I like you"

My Thoughts:
1) After the guy said "I know how much you like puppy dogs", his girlfriend squealed and hugged him. "You got me a puppy!" She was so excited, thinking that he bought her one. I can't help but to think she was a little bit disappointed that there was, in fact, no puppy dog.

2) If you're ... like, if you're asking the person you love more than anyone in the world to spend the rest of your life with you, couldn't you come up with a more impressive line? The guy didn't even use the word LOVE. What's more, he likened his emotions to the way she felt about small animals. It's just ... not ... good.

3) If this is indeed the new trend in proposing, how would someone propose to me? "Bri, I know how much you like cleaning things", or "Bri, I know how much you like organizing your closet", or even "Bri, I know how much you like to sleep"

Maybe it's better if I just don't get my hopes up :D

No comments: