Friday, April 29, 2005

On Sleep Cleaning

There's a certain sensation that I think is really interesting. After I spend a day skiing, or at a waterpark/wave pool, or even playing too much Mario Kart ... I close my eyes to go to bed at night, and I get the physical feeling that I'm still doing whatever I had been doing all day. It doesn't happen very often, but it's kind of neat when you go to bed at night and your body is telling you that you're flying uncontrollably down an icy hill at a good clip.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because last night, I closed my eyes and was overcome with the sensation that I was washing near-invisible marks off of walls. Why? Beacause I spent 6 HOURS doing it yesterday - just like Daphne said: take a dry cloth and some Fantastic with bleach, and walk clockwise and then counterclockwise, attacking each mark as you see it.

Yes, I was doing it in my sleep. And you know what? I'm willing to bet that given the fact that we failed our cleaning inspection, even my sleep cleaning wouldn't be good enough for her.

No comments: