Saturday, April 02, 2005

if I had a million dollars, I'd be rich

It's a rainy Saturday morning and I am holed up in the back corner of the Common Ground, feeling somewhat pretentious and very West Coast -- I mean, a lap top in a coffee shop? It's the cliche of cliches. But somehow, sitting here with the news paper and a bagel, listening to "Wish You Were Here" seemed like a much better idea than trudging back home to my cold, damp basement bedroom. And so the cliche lives on.

I just had a scholarship interview, which was a new experience for me and involved me spending half an hour talking about why I am really great; greater, in fact, than any of the other applicants. The entire thing was a bit unsettling -- almost as though doing Head Gael and getting good marks was something that I did for a reward, the way a kid will clean up their room for a cookie. I always have a problem talking to other people about myself (except in here, of course, where I indulge). I'd prefer to let my actions speak for themselves. That being said, the prospect of 1000.00 cash is a huge incentive.

Here's what I would buy with the money:

I love Penguin clothing, both for their ultra coolness and still-relative-obscurity. My first purchase, then would be this pair of shoes from www.penguinclothing.com. Then, I'd head over to future shop and buy myself a digital camera that actually takes pictures that are printable and worth keeping, and a 1 gigabyte ipod shuffle. Finally, I'd buy a pair of original fatboy cowboy boots by Ariat:


Or, I might just pay off my visa and buy myself groceries. I guess it's always nice to dream :)

No comments: