Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me

Everything is great right now. Better than great, really. Sometimes when I'm lucky I'll click in to a groove for a few weeks and my life will appear to be right on track.

Sarah Mclaughlan wrote that album "Fumbling Towards Esctasty" ... and I feel like I'm careening towards togetherness right now. School is idyllic, literally. Like a little mini paradise filled with Bri-type people who are happy and outgoing and interesting and who (I think) genuinely like me. It usually takes me years -YEARS!- to fit in to a new environment (I get social stage fright) but somehow I've made the transition almost painlessly. Like, I wake up in the morning pinch myself, saying "wow, I've got friends!" I know how pathetic that sounds.

And best of all, things with Steve seem to be getting better (and better) as we go beyond the two year mark in our relationship. I've had a romantic renaissance lately (after spending 3 weeks in Western Canada - absense truly does make the heart grow fonder) and have felt like Steve and I are back in the 'newlywed' phase where everything he say makes my heart pound in my ears. Like, a few days ago, he walked into the room and I felt like I had sawdust on my tongue. It's almost surreal. I think it's been years since the thought of sitting on the couch with my head in his lap while he ignores me and watches football/talks on MSN with Adam Say was appealing, but now I feel like saying, "that sounds DIVINE". I'm an idiot. I mean .. this is the same person that I left behind in December? Not much has changed in him (except that I pinned him down and plucked his eyebrows last week) but something in me is attracted to him all over again. I love it. We should take extented vacations more often.

Okay, I'm done being moony and gooey. I'll spare you the sap and get myself to bed. Just sending good vibes out there to everyone on what is a REALLY busy week.

B.

No comments: