Thursday, May 11, 2006

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head



It's raining today, and will be "heavy at times" according to the weather man. I don't mind the rain in the spring - I love how fresh it makes everything feel.

In honour of a *very* rainy day, here is a rain fact for all you Vancouver haters:

In 2005, Vancouver got 1016mm of rain. New York City recieved 1014mm of rain (not to mention all of the additional snow), which means that NYC gets more precipitation annually than Vancouver. Seattle only recieved 918mm of rain all year!
People think that it rains every day in Vancouver, but that's not necessarily true. It rains *hard* during the winter and is often misty without a lot of direct sunlight, but it's not like we live under some perpetual rain cloud. So you all can go hate on a different city.

I'm glad I cleared that up.

Today's Theme Song: Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On my Head (Ben Folds version)

No comments: