Saturday, May 06, 2006

Ben Folds Live


It snuck up on me without me realizing it - tonight I get to strike Ben Folds (without the Five, but still rockin', hopefully) off of my "Top 5 People I Haven't Seen In Concert" list (which still includes Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan and Norah Jones, but I digress)

I don't know what to expect from the show tonight. We're seeing it at Niagara University just across the border. I'm basically going in open-minded; I don't think that a lot of his newest stuff (off of "Songs for Silverman") is particularly groundbreaking, but he has such an incredible catalogue that pretty much anything is possible.

In particular, I'm hoping for:
The Luckiest (obviously, since I am a female)
1 Angry Dwarf and 200 Solomn Faces
Still Fighting It (my BFF favorite)
Fred Jones Part II
Best Imitation of Myself

I started listening to Ben Folds in 1993 when I discovered, by accident, Rockin' The Suburbs (I found the album in my school's lost and found where I volunteered ... at the end of the year when it went unclaimed, I took it home) Maybe for nostalgia's sake, it's still what I believe to be their best album. This night, therefore, is 13 years in the making for me and I'm sure whatever happens, I'm going to leave happy.

Pictures and review to follow. Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

gulldogg said...

Hey Bri, my Dad is in the music industry and he met Norah Jones. Betcha didn't know that.