Friday, January 20, 2006

"I Love Bri"

This is by far the low point in my career as an undercover geek. I noticed, as I checked my blog to make sure that my update published alright, that there was a little search form on the top, and a button that ordered me to "search all blogs". Yes, ordered me.

So the first thing I did was look for my employers name or the names of their kids, which I may have inadvertently used from time to time (just in case, y'know, THEY are searching for THEMSELVES and may happen to come across my blog). Nothing of mine came up, in case you were interested.

Then I searched for "I love Bri". That's right. To see who loved me. I got 153 matches. Never mind that there is obviously more than one Bri out there (in fact, there are a number of Bri Johnsons with blogs, which weirds me out). Never mind that not a single one of the "I love Bri" references had anything to do with me. Never mind that most of them were by teenaged girls who were actually talking about someone named BRIan. Nope. I'm loved. Very, very loved.

Finally, I decided to look for "Fat Guts", the name of Steve's stuffed monkey who sits smugly atop his pillows. I found nothing but this, a lamb who likes to eat and apparently goes by the same alias. Someone, clearly, shares my taste in animal names.

No comments: