Saturday, February 24, 2007

Long March Towards a Job

I normally wouldn't be up before 11 on a Saturday - for any reason. But the promise of 35 local private schools in one place was enough to drag me out of bed at 8:15, put on my nicest "I'm a professional but fun teacher" outfit and head down to the Toronto Science Centre for the Independent Schools Employment Fair.

I'm a bit skeptical. I imagine that it's going to be like a little science fair; each school sets up a bright and shiny display, and we walk from booth to booth, hearing about how great their extracurricular programs are. Am I going to walk away with a job today? I'm not counting on it. But if my name and face gets out into the private school world ... if even one person remembers me, it will have been worth getting up so early for.

No comments: