Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's Great, If You're Not Driving

Today is my day off. After a rather lofty promise to my housemate last night that I would work out with her today, at which point I assumed that I would be going to bed some time before 3 in the morning, I woke up at 7am, put on my gym clothes and was ready to go.

This in itself is unusual for me. I am a champion sleeper and quite content to spend my day off lounging in my bed for as long as possible. I also have grown to love my nice, soft belly. Not only can I do impersonations of women who are 5 months pregnant, Steve loves my tummy; he calls it Buddah and talks to it. Seriously. So the point is, it's clearly time to start a gym routine.

What was more unusual was that Toronto was hit with a pretty awesome snowstorm last night. And what better time to walk the 8 blocks to the gym than in -25 weather and knee high snow? When we trudged out this morning there was a good 15cm on the ground and drifts on the sidewalk above our knees in some places. Because I don't own a car, I love it. It was one of those mornings where you can walk right down the centre of the street (out of necessity ... you have to follow the tire tracks) and the snow looks like it swallowed the world like a giant marshmallow.

Here are some not so ambitious pictures from my venture this morning (my camera battery died right away).This is the snow fall accummulation on my garbage can. Very artistic, I know.
Our path out this morning was block by snow almost up to our knees!

Happy snow day, friends. I think I might sneak back to bed for a nap.

No comments: