Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bri, Live From the Red Carpet

The big night is here. I've eaten every bit of junk food in my pantry dinner, donned my expensive frock (yes, thank you, my dress tonight is a shapeless nightie made by wal-mart) and gave some thought to doing my lesson plan for tomorrow.

But all that was thrown out the window when Ellen declared that "without gays, blacks and jews, there would be no Oscars". What a statement! I'm hooked. Plus, she looks pretty hip in her velvet tux and special Oscar-ready running shoes.

Can I just say that I LOVE the Academy Awards? If I were Ryan Seacrest, I would have told Gweneth exactly what I thought of her orange-y copper-y dress with red lipstick. Sorry Gweneth.

Let the games begin!

1 comment:

Stephen Johns said...

Ellen is giving David Letterman a run for his money for the title of "Worst Oscar Host Ever". I'm actually a little in awe of how bad she is. Am I being too cynical? I mean, she's been awful!

But at least Helen Mirren won.