Monday, November 27, 2006

Love Transforms Everything

2 years ago on a very chilly November 27th, Steve picked me up at the airport, took me back to my house and then whisked me out on our very first date; a trip to see "Hairspray" the musical, playing in Toronto. He was reluctant to hold my hand. I was wearing the wrong shoes (I looked awful) and almost couldn't enjoy the show because I was so nervous about the possibility that he might want to hold my hand (which he finally did, pulling away after 1 song and saying "I'm glad that's over") ... and that was the start of everything.

2 years ago I wasn't sure what direction my life was taking. I had recently ended a long-term relationship and was excited to graduate from university. I wanted to do so many things with my life but couldn't decide what, exactly, I should be doing. Starting a relationship wasn't high on my list of priorities.

2 years ago, I was won over by a big, goofy, sports-obsessed Pearly Jam groupie with long legs and a history degree. I wasn't expecting it. I certainly wasn't looking for it, but love found me and transformed me.

Thanks for everything, Steve. I love you more every day.
Happy Anniversary!

6 comments:

gulldogg said...

But he was mine first :P

Ange said...

Bri & Steve...Congrats on two years!

I was hoping to finally meet you this time, but it looks a miss again. Someday...cause any girl who can put up with Steve for so long is a total star in my eyes ;)

Liver-Paul said...

Actually Gulley, I'm pretty sure he was mine first :D

Congratulations Bri for putting up with another year of Football Manager.

Gavin27 said...

Well looks like Bri wins the Medal, although if she makes 4 years she'll REALLY be a star lol
;)

gulldogg said...

Damn Paul, I was hoping you wouldn't jump in on that comment ;P

Liver-Paul said...

Gulley, you can have my sloppy seconds anyday mate ;)