Sunday, September 10, 2006

In Memory

2996 people died 5 years ago.

I'd like to remember them all, although I didn't know anyone connected to the tragedy. I will try tomorrow to find some peace inside of myself that the world so desperately needs right now.

Other people are conducting memorials far more impressive than my own. I came across a fantastic project called "2996" - where 2996 volunteer bloggers each research and write a short entry celebrating the life of someone who died in the attacks.

I was particularly struck by two young brothers (aged 6 and 4) named Ben and Noah, who were selected to write a memorial for Mr. Lester Vincent Marino, and decided to name the tree house in their backyard in his honour. Visit their page if you have time.

http://treefortenterprises.com/

I will grieve tomorrow for the men and women who can be seen, in several photos, jumping from the towers, which is the image that I cannot shake from my memory even 5 years later. I can't imagine what people went through that day. I hope that their families have found peace. I hope we all can.





No comments: