Thursday, September 14, 2006

Home on the Range

I'll interrupt your regular morning to let you know that I'm off for the weekend, jet setting to my favorite place in the world, Vancouver. Why are you looking at me like that? Hey - I never said that being the daughter of a flight attendant and getting stupidly cheap passes was easy. I suffer. I mean, I only get to sit first class SOME of the time. The privilege comes with responsibility, my friends. Responsibility.

In any case, I'll be back home on the West Coast until Monday night. I haven't seen my family since April and it's been a long awaited visit. Not only has my first week of teacher's college completely killed my perception of being a puttering teacher dressed in bright print shirts with little whales embroidered on the pocket, with time to plant gardenias in window pots and lovingly care for a class pet ... I'll be lucky if I have time to shower. And, well, I miss home. I'll update with pictures, stories, and a bit more about becoming a teacher when I get there.

May every aircraft fly safely ...

B.

No comments: