Friday, November 25, 2005

Now I Can Die in Peace

The last time I was on a vacation, I was 10 years old and my mom, brother, step-dad and I all went to Mexico and spent two weeks in a resort. The memories that I have vary from awful (I was stung by a jelly fish, my mom and gord fought a lot, I had to wear dorky 1980's hand me downs) to amazing (who doesn't love to boogie board in mexico!). Now, in 10 days, I will be going on my first vacation in 12 years, and I almost don't know what to expect. The family I nanny for is taking me with them down to the US Virgin Islands for 8 days, where I will be responsible for child care, diapers, baths, reading "good night moon" and trying to find kid-friendly food at the Ritz Carlton, where the menu is written entirely in French. I can't wait. I'm going to be worked to death, not paid a cent for it, and happy as a proverbial clam. I always used to be so jealous of friends who went away with their families at Christmas time - now, I get to join the ranks - even if I'm just the paid help.

It's been a long week folks, and it's only a few more hours until I'm done work and I get to see "rent" with my amazing boyfriend and our amazing pal Ginny -- a great way to end a hell of a day (too boring to talk about, but crazy, believe me). Have a wonderful and safe weekend, and I'm sure you'll hear from me tomorrow, Steve and I are celebrating our one year anniversary with an honest to goodness, dress up, butterflies in the tummy date. Saturday night (not to mention my vacation!) couldn't come soon enough.

No comments: