Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Relax, relax. I'm not as materialistic as you might think. On the contrary, it took me almost three weeks to come up with a list of things that I want for myself. It's not that I'm hard to shop for - I could spend hours in the Eaton Centre looking at shoes and jewelry and other female necessities- it's more that I don't know if I want anything badly enough to ask for it specifically. Regardless, my mom asked for a list, and a list my mom shall recieve. This way, she can pick and choose, and I can have a reference to come back to when I get a nice, fat, christmas bonus from my employer (which, honestly, isn't going to happen).

I am a material girl. Go ahead and say it. But indulge me, this once.

1. Hardcover editions of my Favorite Classics:
A Little Princess
The Secret Garden
Little Women
A Little Prince
Charlotte's Web
Anne of Green Gables
Tuck Everlasting
Heidi
Old Yeller
Little House in the Big Woods
*each of these books in intensely special to me for different reasons. I would love to eventually have a library of all my dearest books that I can read and reread as many times as I want

2. A pair of Frye Cowboy Boots, like these ones from Victoria's Secret



3. DVDs
Desperate Housewives Season 1
24 Season 2
Shakespeare in Love
Sleepless in Seattle

4. A nice, warm sweater from the Gap, AmEagle, RWCo, etc

Okay, so the cowboy boots are a stretch ... but could you image strutting down the street in a pair of Fryes? Where I come from (calgary ... yahooooo!), that'd make you TOP DOG. I guess I'll keep dreaming for that big christmas bonus!

In the meantime - thanks, y'all, for putting up with my list :D

1 comment:

gulldogg said...

Hi Bri,

They don´t sell any of those things here in the Czech Republic...sorry. I can send you some really good, cheap beer though! Thought I´d send you a message, since you sent me one....Missing Canada, but loving it here.

Jeff