Monday, August 28, 2006

23-for-23

23-for-23

Okay – I’m biting. Steve’s remarkably similar post “26 for 26” was so inspiring that it would have been difficult not to do one of my own. As soon as I finished reading his, I started to consider my goals for the year (however simple they may be). For the sake of a good thing, here’s my own version, updated to reflect the fact that I was born in 1983, not 1980.

1. Graduate from my B.Ed with straight As.
2. Volunteer my time for something that I believe in
3. Lose the extra 20 pounds that I’ve been dragging around since first year university
4. Write heartfelt letters to my favorite grade school teachers
5. Open an ING savings account and start contributing to it monthly
6. Learn how to walk –really walk- in 4-inch high heeled stilettos
7. Learn to play tennis
8. Take a painting class
9. Spend a day hiking north of Toronto
10. Take Steve out west to visit my family
11. Organize my books, my music, my digital photos and my files (this one may take months)
12. Send Christmas cards to friends and family
13. Read a book on a topic that I know nothing about
14. Write a letter to myself, seal it, and label it “do not open until your 30th birthday”
15. Get a job teaching high school drama
16. See New York City
17. Decide where in Canada I want to spend the next part of my life and pursue it
18. Spend a night in a bed and breakfast
19. Swim in the Pacific Ocean (it’s been years)
20. Wear a bikini (it’s been YEARS)
21. Practice gratitude
22. Find a humble perspective
23. Learn how to design my own web page

I'll post a link on my sidebar so that you can check on my progress. Vive 2006!

No comments: